Michael Weiss has been practicing law since 1974 and founded this law firm in 1995. The firm became Weiss and Saville in 2002. He is the senior director of the firm. Mr. Weiss is admitted to practice before all of the Delaware State Courts, the Federal Court for the District of Delaware and the United States Supreme Court.
The focus of Mr. Weiss’ practice is in litigating plaintiff personal injury and claimant workers’ compensation claims. He understands and appreciates the issues that his clients are dealing with both immediately after the injury occurs and over the long term, and he works diligently on their behalf. Mr. Weiss has been recognized by his peers as an outstanding and experienced attorney.
Awards and Honors
- Named in Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Plaintiff Litigation and Claimant’s Workers’ Compensation since 1995
- Peer recognized by Delaware Today Magazine as a Delaware Top Lawyer in Claimant’s Workers’ Compensation 2014
- In 2014 Mr. Weiss was honored by Best Lawyers in America as the Lawyer of the Year for the State of Delaware in the practice area of Claimant’s Workers’ Compensation Law
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV since 2003; Pre-Eminent 5.0 out of 5
- Named in Super Lawyers for Delaware and Pennsylvania since 2013 in the practice area of Plaintiff’s Personal Injury
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) since 2003. Membership in ABOTA is by invitation only. ABOTA is an organization of trial attorneys who have demonstrated excellent trial skills while maintaining the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, honor and courtesy. Mr. Weiss served as Delaware Chapter President in 2008.