Ms. Saville is a director with the law firm Weiss & Saville, P.A., where her practice is focused on plaintiff’s civil litigation in the areas of personal injury and workers’ compensation. She has been appointed as a Special Master for complex civil cases in The United States District Court for the District of Delaware. She is also a frequent Alternative Dispute Resolution practitioner as both a certified mediator and arbitrator, having handled over 8,500 cases.
In recognition of her practice as a mediator, Ms. Saville was accepted as a Fellow with the American College of Civil Trial Mediators and inducted as a member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. She has also taught alternative dispute resolution as an Adjunct Professor at Delaware Law School.
Ms. Saville is a Past President of the Delaware State Bar Association (DSBA) and served on its Executive Committee for 9 years. She is a member and previous Chair of DSBA’s Workers’ Compensation Section and a master of the Randy J. Holland Inn of Court. She is on the CLE planning commissions for the Women and the Law and Workers’ Compensation Sections and a past co-Chair of the DSBA Nominating Committee. She is also a member of the Women and the Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Litigation and Small Firms and Solo Practitioner Sections.
Ms. Saville has been active with the Combined Campaign for Justice for over 14 years and serves as a Communications Co-Chair. She spent three years as a Co-Chair of the Delaware Supreme Court’s Access to Justice Commission and is a past member of the Judicial Strategies Committee. Ms. Saville was appointed by Governor Carney to the Judicial Nominating Commission in 2017.
For the last 18 years, Ms. Saville has served on the Board of Governors for the Delaware Trial Lawyers Association. She has completed two terms as President of DTLA (2006 & 2016) and remains on the Board as one of the Immediate Past Presidents.
Awards and Honors
- “AV” Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Pre-Eminent Rating 5.0 out of 5 in the areas of Personal Injury, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Workers’ Compensation since 2012.
- Women’s Leadership Award, presented by the Delaware State Bar Association in recognition of character, strength, achievement and activities in matters affecting woman and who has served as an inspiration to and a model for women lawyers in our profession, 2017.
- Alumna of the Year Award, presented by Delaware Law School in recognition of contribution to community and profession, 2016.
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015-2018 in the field of Mediation.
- In 2015 and 2018, Ms. Saville was honored by Best Lawyers in America® as the “Lawyer of the Year” for the State of Delaware in the practice area of Mediation.
- Peer recognized by Delaware Today Magazine as the Delaware Top Alternative Dispute Resolution Lawyer, 2013-2017.
- Named as Delaware Top Ten Lawyer in Super Lawyers® 2016-2018.
- Named in Super Lawyers® for Delaware and Pennsylvania since 2013 in the practice area of Alternative Dispute Resolution. Read more in the featured article.
- Peer recognized and Readers’ Choice by Delaware Today Magazine as a Delaware Top Alternative Dispute Resolution Lawyer, 2013. Read more in the featured article.
- Peer recognized by Delaware Today Magazine as one of Delaware’s Top Worker’s Compensation Lawyers, 2010.
- DSBA President’s Gavel and Ring for service as the 67th President of the Delaware State Bar Association, 2014-2015.
- Outstanding Service Award, presented by Delaware Law School in recognition of “dedication and service to the legal community”, 2006
- Five-Year Volunteer Service Award, presented by the Office of the Child Advocate in recognition of “pro bono work on behalf of children”, 2006
- Key Contact of the Year Award, presented by the Delaware Trial Lawyers’ Association in recognition of “outstanding service in support of Delaware’s civil justice system”, 2003
- Winner, 16th Annual Judge G. Fred Dibona Moot Court Competition, Delaware Law School, 1994.
- University of Delaware Woman of Promise Award, 1992